Almost all the teachers at our school are expecting babies in the next 3-8 months. Those of us who are either too old, male or otherwise are completely outnumbered! Jenny and I have been blogging on different food tastes and this brings me to cravings. I already posted on her blog how I used to eat bologna, peanut butter and mayo sandwiches on sourdough while pregnant. I know Jenny craved ice. How about all of you? One theory is the cravings make up for what our body is lacking. Looking at my craving, I guess I was lacking fat, empty calories and bad cholesterol :-)Thursday, January 17, 2008
Cravings
Almost all the teachers at our school are expecting babies in the next 3-8 months. Those of us who are either too old, male or otherwise are completely outnumbered! Jenny and I have been blogging on different food tastes and this brings me to cravings. I already posted on her blog how I used to eat bologna, peanut butter and mayo sandwiches on sourdough while pregnant. I know Jenny craved ice. How about all of you? One theory is the cravings make up for what our body is lacking. Looking at my craving, I guess I was lacking fat, empty calories and bad cholesterol :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
With Jared I craved coke and shredded beef crunchy tacos, with Caleb, I ate strawberries everyday (good thing he was born in June!), and with the girls, yes, I craved ice. But now just ANY kind of ice. I had to leave it in a glass water for about 15 minutes so it would crunch a certain way. I filled my ice cube trays about 5 times a day!
I am craving sleep! But I am neither pregnant or hungry! :)
When I was pregnant with Lilla I HAD to have cold cereal every morning. With Abram, I think all Lilla and I ate that summer was watermelon.
BTW, Jenny, my Mom heard from her Doctor that when you crave ice you have low iron. You may have already heard that but thought I would pass it on anyways.
I couldn't leave the house in the morning without having sausage, and I couldn't end the night without having steak. I also craved watermelon, the little ones, not the big ones.
Liz, that's really sick about the sausage!
Emily, yes, that was my problem--I had an iron deficiency. I had to take little iron tablets when I was pregnant with my girls.
Post a Comment