Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary

"Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.
God bless our love"
Today marks our 36th Anniversary! As always on this day, we think back to our wedding day. We had a small family wedding in the church where I was baptized. Al's father was late and we were so worried he was not going to show. Henry was Al's Best Man and Renie was my Maid of Honor.
1 Corinthians 13 was read during the ceremony and to this day the love verses remain some of my very favorites.
Now, 36 years, 5 children and 9 grandchildren later...God Bless Our Love.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! In today's world 36 years is a record. That is so awesome!
Love, Emily

jenny said...

Happy Anniversary! With this weather and all, I wonder how long it will take in order for you to get our card?

emyann said...

Did you get my card??

Papa Al said...

In my minds eyes I can still remember what you were wearing the first time ever I saw you. There was an empty lot on Avalon Dr. where we used to walk our dogs. I was at the back of the lot at the cyclone fence which overlooked the Pacific Ocean, I turned and saw you walking into the lot with your dog. That was 40 years ago. Think that is why we gravitate to the coast so much, I do!! Thank you for all you are to me.

Al