Simon and Garfunkle sing of "Old Friends". I have an old friend who is very near and dear to my heart. Her name is Evie. She is a Reverend so she has a "Title". To me, she will always be Evie. I received an email from her tonight through a convoluted process.
Evie is a Pastor. She has a flock, or many flocks as her email would suggest. She was a good friend in 1969-1972. I'm not surprised she is now a Pastor of a flock. When I was 17, she loaned me her formal dress and coat for my Senior Ball. I had a splintered tail bone and tried my hardest to pose for pictures with a smile :-)
Evie~~you have always been my friend, my inspiration. I hope your life is as fulfilling as the hours you have poured into me.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
what's this? this is news to me. tell me more....
Evie I never knew,or do not remember that the wonderful formal and coat Nancy wore that unforgettable night was from you. Thank you so much, Nancy was quite breathtaking that night. I was the reciepient of one beautiful date(Nancy)that evening. Now I am her husband.
Al
Post a Comment