
One of my children challenged me to do birthday blogs for my other children. I am starting backwards.
Happy Birthday Chris!
I was knitting a sweater for you-- yellow, because that was in the day before ultrasound) when I realized something wasn't quite right. Daddy was sleeping so I just sat up knitting until the pains were 5 minutes apart. We drove to the hospital at 3:00 a.m. with me breathing really deeply.
Oh my, we were such novices. Twelve hours later you were born!
We took you home to the best nursery in the world. Being our first born, we had just everything ready for you. You were a fantastic baby right from the start.
You never gave us a moment's worry. You were calm, scheduled and clean.
What more could a new mom (18 years old) ask for??
Later, when Jenny was born, you took your role as a big brother very seriously. You have been a protector and planner all your life. When you were 6 or 7 you invented a baseball game on a board using buttons for players. You have always had an aversion to mayonnaise and a love for children younger than you.
Happy Birthday!!

3 comments:
I love Chris! He is the best big brother anyone could ever ask for...
HA!!! Chris loves young children, hahahahaha. Hey I called the hospital up where you were born and they said your birth records had the name Oedipus on them until mom and dad were able to come up with something better.
I love you Chris!!!
Happy Birthday! You have two of the most wonderful parents in the entire world! Very blessed are ye.
Post a Comment