Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Daily Bread

I picked up a bread machine at a Thrift Store for $10 recently. I used to have a bread maker but, alas, I used it to death.


I don't know if it is our crazy weather or my recipes that came with the bread maker, but my bread has a very porous texture.


In the whole scheme of things, this is a very small problem. As I read my dear friend's blogs, I notice there are families in real turmoil. I only have to get to the "D" page in my address book to realize someone needs prayer, a meal, money etc...

So why am I worried about the texture of my bread?? Because my bread will go with a Beef Stew or Chicken Soup for a family in need. My bread will fill my home with the aroma of growing up safely with God as the Cornerstone. My bread will give me the opportunity to reach out to YOU for suggestions on a better loaf :-)

Yes, my "new" bread machine is doing a great job of reaching out!

No comments: