I picked up Mom today for her hair appointment. She was having trouble walking and remembering where we were going. As we walked to the car, I had the feeling I shouldn't be taking her out for this outing. All the while Mom was having her hair done I was just hoping she would be o.k. When I picked her up, she had trouble gathering the right bills to pay her hair dresser. All the way back to Deerwood she fumbled in her purse for the right keys to get into her "house". When we finally arrived at Deerwood Mom admitted to being "so confused". After a rather lengthy discussion with the Administrator 0f Deerwood tonight, we have agreed that the next stop for Mom is Lakeport Skilled Nursing. This will probably take place within the next month unless there is an improvement in Mom's condition.
Lakeport Skilled is where Daddy spent his last days. They treated him with love and compassion. While I'm not ready to let Mom go, if she is ready to meet Daddy then we give her our blessings.

2 comments:
I will be praying for you and thinking of you because I understand that it is hard to let go of your mom, even if she is ready.
This makes me sad...
Post a Comment