Sunday, March 15, 2009

Comfort Food


Whenever the weather takes a dip in temps, I am drawn to comfort foods. Tonight it was
Potato Soup from Safeway. Oh yum it was :-)
Problem is, it is not always available and I really don't like the canned varieties available.
Soo...I'm asking, does anyone have a really simple yet yummy recipe for potato soup or any other really comforting soup?
I really think I could live on soup and salad. I'm not that fond of meat any more and I crave
fresh ingredients put together in a homey/fresh sort of way. Don' worry about the calorie count
because as a Weight Watchers follower I can substitute lower calorie ingredients.

5 comments:

jenny said...

I make potato soup all the time! It's one of my favorite things to make. I'll send you the recipe when I get a chance.

~nanashouse~ said...

Thanks Jen,
Emily tells me yours is the best!

emyann said...

Jenny's is the very best I've had!

Rebekah said...

Oh how I love Potato soup!

Anonymous said...

Cooking Light has a really nice Baked Potato Soup recipe on their website. It always turns out great for me.