I raised our children on basic values. We read Golden Books just as my Grandma read them to me. We baked, made tents, painted, planted, had puppet shows. I was not a perfect mama. The kids will tell you such. One thing they will tell you though is they remember the stories that were read to them. They remember the homemade quilts on their beds, the music that was played in our home and the oh so funky decorating that evolved through the decades.(Do any of you remember the beautiful string art picture I proudly displayed when Daddy quit smoking?)
Retro is back, big time. Just see Jenny's blog www.vintagemommy.blogspot.com
Jenny has taken my imperfect attempts at motherhood and made them so very special.

3 comments:
My childhood memories consist of Peter, Paul and Mary, John Denver and Lawrence Welk on PBS, crafting incessantly, Playing make-believe with my sisters and most of all reading.
Thank you for keeping my old soul nourished as a child. I love you!
Thanks Emy. I told Daddy today my greatest joy has been creating a home for all of you.
I just read We Help Daddy to Lily yesterday. They got so much done in a day!
Post a Comment