Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Christmas Play



I don't know how many of you are familiar with the book "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" but it is a great story. Some of the toughest kids are transformed by taking part in a Christmas Pageant.

We have begun rehearsals for our annual Christmas play at school. Now, mind you, none (disclaimer) of our students are bullies, and certainly none of them smoke cigars (especially the girls) as depicted in the book...nevertheless, play practice is not for the faint of heart!

Imagine the Little Theater full of kids (40, count 'em) of all ages and sizes gathered together after lunch for two hours of play practice. Does anyone have a tranquilizer gun I can borrow? (for me, not the kids!)

If you are feeling altruistic or nostalgic about Christmases gone by, stop in and lend a hand. Make sure you have taken all your meds, have had a good meal and bring a whistle :-)

3 comments:

jenny said...

My boys are going to be in a little Christmas program at church. I can't wait!

~nanashouse~ said...

make sure you drink herbal tea, take a bubble bath, call your support group...

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

I believe I have seen a cute movie based on that book! :)

Hope your performance goes beautifully!