Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Lizzie!



Happy Birthday Lizzie!

O.k. all you blogger friends...back up and read the previous entries. I am blogging backwards!


You, my dear girl, were prayed for from the beginning. I remember a 4th of July outing to the coast. I was walking along the water line just praying for another baby. The longing was so intense. That night we watched fireworks on TV. I just knew God was going to give me another little one.


When I went into labor, it was false, just a tease. Then, two weeks later...I was dropped off in the patient zone at Kaiser Hospital at 6:30 a.m. Daddy couldn't come because he had already used up his leave.

Oh, leave it to me to follow the latest new age, pro-child program around. I chose to have you naturally with out pain medication. I wouldn' t trade this experience for anything. Yes, your birth was intense--with much pain, but you weren't exposed to any drugs. You nursed for 12 months, ate totally organic, healthy food and were a complete blessing to our lives.
Yes~~you have always taken the challenge. Just as in birth. Only me and you--no drugs, just stamina.
So...June 3, 1983
You were born and life has never been the same.

7 comments:

emyann said...

And that was the day one of my very best friends was born! Love you Lizzie!

tyler said...

As you put it to me many years ago Lizzie, "I am the son you never had". Lizzie I was not there at your birth but please know that I was there with my heart. Mom had to do it alone back then. You were a very determined little girl and still are. Know that I love you and miss our times "under the hood" of the family car, trying to get the damn oil filter off without spilling all over the garage.

Dad

Lizzie said...

At one point there I thought you were about to describe the conceiving part when you were talking about the night at the coast. At least I don't have panties in mine.

Thanks mom!!!

jenny said...

Me too! I was wondering where the 4th of July thing was leading, but then I figured she would have been born in March.

~nanashouse~ said...

You guys are sick! I am an upstanding, righteous formerly Baptist woman.

Lizzie said...

well now you are, but back then you were new to the holy ways and.....

aGoldsberry said...

Happy Birthday! You have two of the most wonderful parents in the entire world! Very blessed are ye.