
This T-shirt depicts a symbol of just how far our sins are cast when we bring them to God. He casts them as far as the east is from the west. In other words...they just never touch! This is an awesome truth to behold for us (as adults) but just as awesome for little children.
I have a precious child in our after-school program who let his tongue get before him and he uttered something he quickly regretted. He was sure he should "go to bed" as soon as he arrived home. With eyes full of tears he could hardly bear up to the "bad words" he had uttered.
I reminded him that God removes our sins as far as the East is from the West when we are truly sorry. He has the most beautiful blue eyes that are even more so when full of tears.
He was ready to write a note "full of good words" by the time he left. I dried my tears and thanked God for a child that truly understands the meaning of forgiveness.

No comments:
Post a Comment