Monday, October 22, 2007

Mother Goose


At times I feel like "Mother Goose" in my role of after school program director. Truth be told, that is the role I am happy to take on.
These kids are 1) hungry
2) restless
3) wanting to be home
What we do is eat, play, do homework and play some more. I read to the youngest (while the oldest hang aroung the edeges listening), help them with their homework and generally keep them from getting in each other's way.
From youngest to oldest they love stories, playdough, making books and games they have made up on the spur of the moment. We have a cabinet full of games but what they gravitate to is pipe cleaners, play dough, beads for stringing, markers etc.
Kids really haven't changed that much over the years. Give them the raw materials for play and they will do just that.

No comments: