
I am about to join the ranks of the "serious knitters" in that I will try to knit something with a shape. Up to this point, I have knit scarves, purses, blankets etc. You know what I mean, start knitting and keep going, without any changes in the pattern or number of stitches.
Those of you who have knit socks in their sleep are laughing in fits by this time, but this knitter is very nervous!
Is it selfish to ask for "knitting grace" as I go about this task? It reminds me of my first time behind the wheel of our Chevy Impala..."hands in the right position on the steering wheel, just a little bit of gas..."
Oh well, the worst thing that can happen is I will have to rip out a "few" stitches.
I guess you all know what you are getting for Christmas this year :-)

2 comments:
How funny that you have "Baby Mine" too! Jared used to pat his sisters and sing this to them when they were babies. Sounds sweet until I tell people WHY he had the whole song memorized: I let him watch Dumbo all day, everyday after the girls were born...you do what you have to do, right?
I just added "For Baby" to my playlist. I remember you used to sing this to me in Parkmerced.
yes, singing to little children is the "medicine" of life.
Taking care of little ones (animal, vegetable, mineral) is a gift.
Sending goldfish, gerbils, hampsters to sleep is an act of faith.
Lullaby, and goodnight...
Post a Comment