Sunday, October 28, 2007

christmas...early


The seasons are becoming blurred. We went to Kmart today and there was an extremely tacky Christmas display (complete with a tripping hazard of concrete pavers)
Right across the aisle were some really tacky Halloween decorations and costumes (all over the floor).
I was actually looking for some "tasteful" Thanksgiving tabletop items for a dinner party I am giving. No such luck! It seems I am destined to wow my guests with some strange type of snowman or a weird mummy who takes off his head!
No way am I giving into this! I will go to Hallmark to see if I can raise the level of creativity. If not...I will just have to visit my pantry and cupboards to see what I can pull together for a seasonal delight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the first problem was shopping at KMart. It took me many trips with a hopeful heart to realize they will just never have what I need. Ugh. You're so creative and decorative though that I KNOW you'll find something cute for your table. And if it comes down to it and you just don't have it in you, come over here and see if I have something you can borrow. :o)

~nanashouse~ said...

Actually Monica, I just adore your red door! Would you mind very much if I took it off the hinges??

Anonymous said...

I'd let you in the summer, but NOT in the fall/winter. Sorry. I know where you can get a great can of red paint though!

~nanashouse~ said...

Too late...I want to make a great impression for my guests. Do you have any idea how cool your front door is???