
Tonight after a delicious dinner made for us by a sweet friend, we decided to take rambuncious Bella for a walk (who are we kidding, she walks us!) The trees in our neighborhood are just plain showing off today. We saw the reds of the Japanese Maple, the yellow-gold of the oaks and the garnet of some beautiful vine I don't even know the name of.
We have many a tree on our property. We have two old oaks, a beautiful maple, three fruitless mulberry, a peach tree...
We don't even mind having to rake up the leaves and put them in the recycle bin. Tyler said mid-raking, "don't you just love the smell out here?"
I'll have to admit, I didn't even mind raking up pile after pile of leaves :-) I'm sure it will get old after awhile, but by that time the beauty will be just a memory. By that time we will be making Thanksgiving plans and preparing for Christmas. S L O W down, you move too fast; got to make the morning last. Extra points to those who can name the singers of that song!


3 comments:
Nothing like a stroll across the 59th Street Bridge! "Hello, Lamp post." Might that be Simon and Garfunkel? Mom, did you really think I wouldn't know???
O.K. Many, many points to you. Hello Lamp post, watcha knowin,...
Can you send a pic of your trees??? I love the things Tyler sayd! Maybe I should take some time off and drive up there.
Post a Comment