Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Here With Us"


Click on the song "Here With Us" at the bottom of my blog.


Several very loved ladies I know are in their first or second trimester of pregnancy. One...well, she lost her precious ones just this last week. It is a mystery this thing called life.

I remember seeing my ultrasound pictures for the first time and marveling at this wonder. I also remember the first movements (gas?) the cravings (bologna, mayonnaise and peanut butter on sourdough) and the impulse to clean everything within a 100 mile radius! Good times :-)

All in all, in was a great time. And look at the results! We have nine (count 'em) beautiful grandchildren from our five children. Not to mention all the little ones who call us Uncle Al and Aunt Nancy.

It's still a mystery to me...

4 comments:

emyann said...

Just think, two of us haven't even started our families!

~nanashouse~ said...

Oh, I know! Don't we have the best family? sure, we have our troubles, but everyone is very close :-)

jenny said...

Well, I won't be contributing anymore, sorry to disappoint all of you.

~nanashouse~ said...

actually, jen--we consider this a joy. you will have a rest until you adopt the one who is waiting to join your family.